Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Frequent Mistakes in weekly writing


Please avoid these frequent writing errors:
  • Don't send attachments or Google Docs for your weekly writing. Copy and paste your writing into an email and send it to me. 
  • The first sentence in your paragraph needs to introduce what you're writing about.
  • Be careful of spacing; one space after a period. Don't indent.
  • No more than two vocabulary words. 
  • When writing about vocabulary, I need definitions in both English and Japanese.
  • Use "word" 単語 for one word. Use "expression" 表現 for a group of words that have a special meaning together. Ex: I learned the word "independent." I also learned the expression "breaking news."
  • Use the present tense, not the past tense. Say "I think" not "I thought." "I feel" not "I felt."
  • Mistakes in subject (you vs I vs he/she) usually mean that you are using translation software. You have to check what you wrote!

No comments:

Post a Comment